Thursday, November 14, 2013

Back Blog: L.A. - Round 2 - L.A. Dodgers vs. Milwaukee Brewers - April 27-28, 2013



So I believe it was on the drive home from L.A. the weekend before (you know, after we went to the Angels/Tigers game) that it dawned on us that the Brewers were heading to Dodger Stadium the next weekend. It was a no-doubter that we were making another trip to the west coast, and we couldn't have been more psyched!

The game we were going to was the Saturday night game, so we left Saturday morning. Our hotel was actually up in Pasadena because we wanted to be outside of all the L.A. hubbub when the game was done, and also, Robbie was sure he could get usto Chavez Ravine without taking any major freeways. That, I was more skeptical about, but I trusted him. I had never driven the route from Vegas to Pasadena before, and I must say, it was a very nice drive, just state highways! And we drove right by the Rose Bowl. More on that later. We checked into our hotel, the Embassy Suites (our preferred hotel) before the game. When we left for the game, Robbie got inside his map and was able to pick a route bypassing all the major freeways AGAIN, which definitely calmed my nerves as I hate driving in congestion!



Although we had been to Dodger Stadium before, we still got there well before first pitch, in time to see the Brewers take batting practice. Our seats were in left-center field, and from there, I was able to zoom in on the whole Brewers line-up taking BP. Below are just a few of those close-ups! I guess some guy was watching me take these close-ups from behind me because eventually he came to me and asked if I was there at any capacity for the team. I wish!!!!



 
 
 


Peralta was our starting pitcher that night, and he did a really good job. He picked up the win, and we witnessed 3 homeruns that night, 2 off Brewer bats!! The Brewers came out with the win, 6-4, thanks to Gomez's go-ahead homerun in the 7th! By the way, the spot where that ball landed was just 2 sections over from where we were sitting! Gomez ended up having a great year both at the bat and playing defense. He had the most homeruns as a Brewer this season, and nabbed the Gold Glove Award. Here is one of his greatest defensive plays of the year, in my opinion! Good work Go-Go!!


 
 

 



We found out at our first Dodger game that their fans live and die after every pitch; a little carried away I think! It was no different at this game, either. I have no idea why it's like that. I'm just glad we went to a game before they picked up Yasiel Puig!! Talk about living and dying after every pitch!!!


 
 

After the game we headed back to out hotel, freeway-free! The next day, on our way home, we decided to check out the Rose Bowl which was just a few blocks off the highway. The Wisconsin Badgers football team has made it to the Rose Bowl several times in my fan-hood, and I have never been there (it's on my bucket list to go to a game there), until now! We parked right in front of the stadium, and I imagined what it was like on New Year's Day to have the honor to be playing there, or even to just attend a game! It was cool to be there when we were, being the Badgers were one of the last teams to play there!



No comments:

Post a Comment